Pegasus Senior Living is made up of individual Associates united by a commitment and dedication to the highest quality of service delivery to our residents with a sense of warmth, compassion, individual pride and company spirit. To achieve our mission, each associate strives to always do the right thing. Recognizing that excellence is a process achieved through continuous improvement, we value and apply lessons learned from the feedback we receive from all of our stakeholders.
To our Associates, we pledge to
- Promote a culture of excellence.
- Provide strong leadership, team building and empowerment.
- Encourage all associates to work hard and play hard every day.
- Encourage professional and personal growth for all our Associates.
To our Residents, we pledge to
- Celebrate and enhance their lives.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Always remember that choice and compassion are at the heart of our profession.
To our investors, we pledge to be great stewards of our resources.
Nurse responsible for passing meds, per state requirements, Resident services and other duties as assigned. Delegating duties to the other Associates and volunteers as appropriate. Duties can include personal services, social-recreational activities, delegated tasks, medication assistance, meal services and others as needed for Resident care and service delivery. Trains other Associates as assigned. Provides health care related oversight when the Wellness Director and/or Assistant Wellness Director is absent. Promotes the Company’s mission statement.
- Adheres to and conveys philosophy of supporting dignity, privacy, independence, choice, individuality and a home-like environment for Residents.
- Responsible for medication assistance or administration of medications, according to the state requirements.
- Provides oversight to Associates when the Wellness Director and/or Assistant Wellness Director is absent, as assigned.
- Receives and gives report from the previous shift and to the next shift.
- Reviews Associates schedules and service delivery tasks with Executive Director/Wellness Director/Assistant Director.
- Reads Associates communication records and maintains familiarity with Resident records as required.
- Assists with scheduled residents’ activities of daily living/ADL’s, environmental orientation, assistance with medication, treatments and other care while encouraging self-care and independence.
- Provides services as indicated on Resident assessment and service plans.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and follows infection control procedures.
- Maintains clean, neat, comfortable, safe environment for Residents, Associates and visitors, including provision of housekeeping services for Residents.
- Observes problems, concerns, issues observed with Resident apartments, the building and the grounds and communicates them to the Maintenance Director.
- Observes changes in Resident status, needs or preferences and communicates them to the Wellness Director and/or Assistant Wellness Director.
- Reports Community Associate concerns and/or issues to the Wellness Director, Assistant Wellness Director and/or Executive Director, as designated.
- Observes all work, safety and administrative policy training in performing all job assignments.
- Adheres to all established policies and procedures.
- Records Resident information as required.
- Acts as a lead trainer and mentor for Associates.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to procedures for fire, life safety, disaster, security, work, safety and other emergency procedures.
- Assists with individual Resident and group social recreational activities.
- Assists in the implementation of policies and procedures relating to Resident care and oversight of all health care related services.
- Provides assistance in supervision and oversight as assigned in provision of all Resident services, including the coordination of those provided by independently contracted ancillary health care providers as requested by Residents and families.
- Ensures the Resident’s assessed needs are provided to Community Care Partners/Resident Care Associates for service delivery execution.
- Participates in service plan conferences as required.
- Assures accurate transcription of physician orders into treatment/medication record within state requirements.
- Assists as directed with move-in and orientation of new Residents and designated agent(s).
- Reviews Resident service records, treatment and medication books to assure quality of care.
- Verifies physician orders, move-in/move-out information and initiates appropriate action/follow-up within state requirements.
- Assists in the ordering of medications from pharmacy within state requirements.
- Assists in the coordination of therapeutic diet orders with Associates as required.
- Assures proper records are maintained and documented as designated
- Communicates health emergencies to determine emergency medical measures taken regarding Resident care to the Wellness Director and/or Assistant Wellness Director.
- Acts as Resident advocate in medical-social situations involving Resident and/or designated agents, physician, other agents or agencies.
- Ensures compliance with all rules and regulations related to Resident care (i.e. HIPAA, State Regulations and OSHA, etc.).
- Maintains a professional demeanor with all Residents, families and friends, professional referrals and the general public in representing the Community and the Company.
- Reports all suspicions of abuse, neglect and/or financial exploitations of a Resident immediately to the supervisor, as described in the Company’s policy and procedures on reporting.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability/willingness to perform all position responsibilities adequately.
- Maintains acceptable attendance record and follows work schedule, as assigned.
- Organizes and utilizes time appropriately toward accomplishing assigned tasks; requires minimal supervision.
- Displays good grooming, personal appearance and follows dress code requirements.
- Displays mature behavior and attitude in speech and action.
- Displays ability/willingness to learn new skills and to teach others.
- Interacts in professional manner with Residents, public, co-workers.
- Works cooperatively with management.
- Displays willingness to assist co-workers when situation requires.
- Demonstrates effective supervisory skills.
- Ability to communicate and work with all levels of the Company’s management Associates and Community Department Managers and Community Care Partners/Resident Care Associates effectively.
- Ability to recognize and communicate problems appropriately.
- Willingness to adhere to assisted living principles in provided services.
- Ability/willingness to perform all position responsibilities adequately.
- Ability to demonstrate effective training skills.
- Ability to recognize and communicate problems effectively.
- Ability to relate to the public, Residents, families, Associates, other professionals appropriately.
- Ability to communicate efficiently in English, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to adhere to and communicate policy and procedures and state regulatory standards.
- Ability/willingness to improve skills of self and Associates.
- Is free of non-treated communicable disease as required by state law.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks in neat, thorough and timely manner.
- Ability to transfer residents.
- Routinely requires pushing, pulling, bending, walking, reaching and stooping.
- Ability to organize their time, follow-up with the ability to perform job tasks efficiently.
- Ability to teach/train others effectively.
- Demonstrates team player with a positive attitude; able to work with Community Care Partners/Resident Care Associates and Regional Company Associates.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and provide information as requested and required.
- Must be able to tolerate occasional exposure to pets, dust, fumes, odors, water, etc., as well as some noise.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Level of Experience -
Minimum two (2) to four (4) years of experience in working with older adults.
Education, Technical or Professional License(s)/Certification(s) -
Maintains nursing license, as designed by the state agency. Attendance at in-service training. Meets continuing education requirements on job classification and position, to include state requirements. If required by state law, maintain CPR/First Aid Certification.