Construction Quality Control Manager (CQCM) - GULFPORT, MS
We welcome your interest in joining our team!
EMR, Inc. provides infrastructure services to private and government clients’ nationwide. Our staff and owners share the same values of honesty, innovation, success, and family of families.
EMR, Inc. is accepting resumes for a Construction Quality Control Manager (CQCM) on a project located in Gulfport, MS. The CQCM is responsible for managing and performing the daily QC responsibilities of specific projects to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with the established minimum standards. The CQCM role includes direct oversight and review of the entire documentation and physical inspection phase of the work flow process and working with other in-house personnel (e.g.: Project Managers, Superintendents, etc.) and external personnel to produce and document a quality product.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Create, update and maintain the project submittal log and all other project specific quality control reports
- Review shop drawings and submittals for conformance with project specifications by direct review and by leveraging the knowledge and experience of others in the project team when necessary
- Chair and document weekly QC meetings with the superintendent, and provide written minutes as described in project specific contract documents
- Provide daily QC reports that reinforce activities that are being constructed in conformance with each specific project's established standard and constructively confronts any non-conformance to produce the desired outcome in a timely manner
- Conduct preparatory, initial and follow-up meetings to establish an understanding of the standards of care desired for each definable feature of work
- Verify and document that all materials received for the project are in conformance with the approved submittal, are handled and stored appropriately and are installed and acceptable for use in the project
- Conduct pre-construction meetings with new and existing subcontractors and the superintendent at least two days prior to the start of each new phase of the work to discuss issues that affect quality
- Coordinate and document the testing and commissioning of building systems
- Maintain the project "as-built" drawings on a daily basis
- Assemble and forward project closeout documents that include O&M manuals, as-builts and warranties
- Stop work if necessary to resolve matters that affect safety, quality and/or inhibit the logical progress of work
Required Experience, Education, Skills, and Certifications
- A minimum of 10 years experience working on USACE construction projects with at least 2 years experience as a QC manager on USACE construction projects.
- A minimum of 20 years combined experience as a superintendent, QC manager, project manager, or project engineer on vertical construction and renovation type construction projects.
- Current USACE "Construction Quality Management for Contractors" Certification
- Must be able to pass DoD security clearance for base access
- Knowledge of a wide range of construction materials, methods, and techniques.
- Proficiency with QCS and RMS Programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor.
- Valid driver's license with good motor vehicle record.
Preferred Experience, Education, Skills, and Certifications
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or other construction related field.
Apply by clicking “Apply” and completing an online application powered by BirdDog HR.
Pre-employment background check and drug screen are required.
Access to Federal Military Bases will be required. Employment will be contingent on applicant's ability to pass security background screening vetted through several local and national data base systems for purpose of protecting U.S. government areas of responsibility and information. Employment will be terminated if access is denied.
EMR, Inc. encourages applications from all qualified candidates. EMR, Inc. is a federal contractor or subcontractor subject to various Affirmative Action compliance requirements. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer, we request priority referrals of qualified protected veterans, qualified individuals with disabilities, qualified minority candidates, and qualified female candidates for all job openings at EMR, Inc.
EMR, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled