We are a leader in industrial maintenance, currently seeking an Electrical Maintenance Specialist to join our team in Crystal Springs. As the Electrical Maintenance Specialist you will provide technical maintenance services including specialist technical skills and knowledge to assist in the overall improvement of equipment utilization/productivity and delivery of maintenance services.
- Complete electrical tasks, including:
Working with electrical blueprints; installation of wiring, conduit and fittings; repair and installation of electrical parts, relays, motors, etc.; writing basic PLC programs; utilizing UPS systems; and other electrical tasks as needed.
- Complete instrumentation and troubleshooting tasks, including:
Use of datascopes, oscilloscopes, process meters, multimeters, calibrators, AC/DC drives, motor starters and controllers, automatic valves, temperature, flow and consistency transmitters, control loops, and other instrumentation tasks as needed.
- Perform job duties with integrity and minimal supervision.
- Provide technical support and expertise including high level troubleshooting to production and other maintenance associates.
- Reduce equipment failures and extend life of equipment using recognized maintenance engineering and industry best practice.
- Share information both verbally and written between shifts, and within the maintenance work cell.
- Assist in the development of mechanical and electrical isolation plans.
- Update documentation and build BOMS in the CMMS.
- Manage Technical Library and provide advice on set-up standards.
- Enforce safe work practices, identify unsafe work conditions, and assist in risk assessments and job documentation (non-routine/contractors).
Ideal candidates will possess the following skills, experience and characteristics:
- 2 year degree in Electrical Electronics or recognized equivalent from an accredited technical trade school or college.
- 7+ years of recent experience in a heavy manufacturing industry as a Maintenance Electrical/Mechanical Technician.
- 3+ years’ experience PLC trouble shooting in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to ensure a safe work environment and compliance to all OSHA regulations and safety standards.
- Journeyman’s electrician's license or 10+ years of recent industrial electrical experience.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience in the use of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems such as Maximo or SAP.
- Experience and understanding of manufacturing improvement strategies such as TPM, Lean Manufacturing, and 5S.
- Sound knowledge of Maintenance Engineering practices such as RCM, RCFA, and OEE.
- Experience in the use of Preventive and Predictive Maintenance strategies in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of PdM technologies and their use in predictive maintenance.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive pay and paid time off. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees including clean, temperature controlled facilities, where people can learn and grow with the company.