Description: Industrial Craftsman(MEMPHIS, TN)
· Safety practices, including selection and application of personal protective equipment, fall prevention devices, barricades, warning and signaling devices, etc.
· Communication skills, including use of written, verbal, and graphic materials to convey information (i.e. written specs, blueprints, pictures, drawings, etc.)
· Proper selection and use of hand tools, small and large power tools, lifting and hoisting equipment, measuring tools, etc
· Proper selection and use of measuring tools and instruments, including tape rules, scales, rules, vernier and dial calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, levels, etc.
Layout and Alignment Skills:
· Correct application of optical and laser instruments and measuring tools for establishing center lines and elevation, as applied to installation and alignment of machinery and equipment.
· Fundamental knowledge of ferrous and nonferrous metals
· Mechanical cutting, shaping and fabrication techniques
· Oxy-fuel and plasma-arc cutting techniques
· Welding and soldering / sweating techniques
Rigging and Moving Skills:
· Selection and application of appropriate lifting devices including Jacks, hoists, forklift trucks, cranes, slings and chokers
· Crane Signaling
· Pipe fitting, both plastic and metal pipe
· Threading and welding of black and stainless pipe.
Lift and carry materials up to 75 pounds. Climb ladders, inclines, scaffolds, and other objects. Carry tools and equipment. Stoop, bend, kneel, crouch and crawl. Must be able to handle all duties and physical requirements associated with General Craftsmanship. All other duties as assigned.
Job requires overnight travel for up to three weeks at a time, and a minimum of 5 years experience in the industrial or related fields. Commercial drivers license a plus.
Nabholz is an EEO/AA employer