Originally founded as a small construction company in 1949, Nabholz is now a team of more than 1,000 industry leading professionals working together to serve our clients, communities, and each other. Over the last 68 years, we've grown into a national multi-service contractor offering a full range of construction, industrial, civil, and environmental services.
We are proud to offer you:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Care
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Dependent Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accident Recovery
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Direct Deposit
- Wellness Program with Incentives
Lead men are responsible for planning, working and supervising construction projects assigned. This includes but not limited to managing craftsmen, materials, equipment and subcontractors required in the maintenance and construction of commercial buildings, churches, factories, office buildings, etc. Lead men contribute to the responsibility for safety, client satisfaction, project quality, cost control, schedule adherence and working as a team with office and other craftsmen personnel. Lead men shall conform to applicable corporate policies & procedures, uphold ethical standards and exemplify corporate values. Specific job duties include:
- Keep Safety in front of all things we do including following all Nabholz and job specific safety procedures.
- Plan and supervise all aspects of the job including determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and documenting actual hours worked, etc.
- Maintain liaison with owner, engineers, project manager, subcontractors, etc. to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc. comply with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
- Maintain productive relationships with our clients.
- Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work sequences, etc.) as required.
- Set up and operates wood working tools to cut, form and finish material for the job. Erect or dismantle structures, repair or refinish walls or structures.
- Install wood and/or metal parts. Erect or dismantle roofing and/or siding.
- Framing, drywall hanging and minor drywall finishing, etc.
- Painting, touch up or incidental painting after structure repairs.
- Form, place and finish concrete.
- Ceiling installation and repair.
- Hang doors and install locks and hardware.
- Cut, fit and weld structural and miscellaneous steel.
- Maintain shop equipment and tools.
- Be active in team and morale building throughout all job duties including office personnel and craftsmen.
- Perform all miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completion of formal apprenticeship program, superintendent training program or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or work experience.
- Ability to manage project schedules including change orders, personnel changes, etc.
- Ability to work in noisy and hot or cold environments.
- Employees are expected to fulfill list of required hand tools within 60 days of employment.
- Ability to work outside of normal working hours and to respond to 24x7 emergency call out as needed.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to work neatly and cleanly.
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors; sometimes required to climb onto rooftops for installation/repair.
- Considerable physical effort of hands and arms required; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects with considerable weight.
- Work in overhead structures and around and beneath machinery.
- May be required to return to work when major problems are encountered on off-shifts or weekends.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, supervisory and decision making/problem solving skills essential.
- Ability to work outside
- Hot, Wet, Cold Environment
- High Elevations
- Job site, trailer, or office
AA/EOE. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled People Encouraged to Apply
Employment at Nabholz is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Nabholz is a drug-free workplace and an E-Verify employer. The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.