Perform multiple duties with regard to laying pipe, checking lines and grade on pipes in trenches, and handles the pipe as needed to prepare for installation and backfilling. Experience with Gravity and Pressure pipe installations a plus.
•Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of pressure piping systems.
•Physically, workers must be able to:
• Lift and carry objects weighing up to 80 pounds.
• Climb up on and balance on ladders, scaffolding, or stairs
• Good vision (either naturally or with correction)
• Stand for long periods
• Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl to reach hard to get at work areas and use hands and arms to reach for, grasp, and manipulate objects.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma preferred.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Measure, cut, thread and assemble new pipe, placing the assembled pipe in hangers or other supports.
• Perform rough-ins, install new or replaced existing valves, cleanouts and vacuum release vents
• Assembly and installation of all pressure piping, force main, air, gas, water, reuse piping, etc.
• Tap or tie into existing pressure piping using sleeves and saddles
• Fit or assist in fitting valves, couplings, or assemblies to tanks, pumps, or systems, using hand tools.
• Assist in rigging of pipe and pipe assemblies for installation in trenches, vaults and manholes
• Disassemble and remove damaged or worn pipe.
Job ID 2017-1557
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US - MS
Posted Date 2/28/2017